Community Solar for
Master Metered Buildings
ENROLL IN COMMUNITY SOLAR WITH HERE COMES SOLAR
Here Comes Solar, a program of Solar One is an environmental education non-profit in NYC. We provide education and resources to help New Yorkers reduce energy costs with solar energy.
Our community solar team enrolls Con Edison subscribers into community solar projects to save them money on their energy bills. Community solar is a great way to receive guaranteed savings while installing nothing on the roof of your buildings and comply with Local Law 97.
We have projects available for master-metered buildings!
SAVING IS EASY WITH SOLAR
By enrolling in a community solar project, you’ll receive guaranteed annual savings on your energy bills. Nothing will be installed on the rooftops of the buildings you manage and you’ll receive an enrollment bonus for signing up.
WHAT IS COMMUNITY SOLAR?
Community solar is a shared energy system where the solar panels are installed at a third party location and the value of electricity produced lowers your Con Edison bill with Solar Credits.
- Nothing is installed on the rooftops of your buildings
- There is no upfront cost to enroll
- You pay for a portion of the Solar Credits – guaranteeing savings!
Learn more on our Community Solar Info hub!
To secure your spot in a community solar project, you will be asked to provide copies of your Con Edison bills and execute a contract. See more detail below.
Complete intake form and upload 12 months of Con Edison bills or email the bills to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll review the bills and provide estimated savings. The intake form only allows for one file to be uploaded, please upload one file containing 12 months of bills or send us an email with multiple bill files attached.
READY TO GET STARTED?
MEET WOODFIELD RENEWABLES
Woodfield Renewables is managing community solar development. As a interested subscriber, you will be introduced to this group.
Woodfield Renewable Partners is focused on acquiring, owning, and operating long-term distributed generation solar & storage assets in the C&I and community solar segments. By leveraging our team’s combined 30+ years of experience and extensive industry network, Woodfield Renewable Partners can provide a customized development and financial strategy with the goal of deploying more distributed solar and storage across North America.
View Portfolio, Contact information and Learn More here! Woodfield Renewables
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Solar panels are installed at a third party location, typically a warehouse. The electricity generated from the solar panels goes to Con Edison’s grid and are converted into a monetary credit. That monetary credit or Solar Credit, is applied to the subscriber’s Con Edison bill, lowering those charges. The subscriber pays for 90% of the value of the Solar Credit through their Con Edison bill.
The subscriber will only pay for 90% of the value of the Solar Credits and the remaining 10% is pocketed savings.
After executing the community solar agreement with Woodfield Renewables you will see the savings in about 9 months.
The building must be master metered with an EL8 rate class (found on the Con Edison bill).
No, all payments will go through Con Edison and the building can continue with the current payment method it has set up.
You can cancel at any time with no fee or penalty given 365 days (1 year) written notice.
One goal of this initiative is to allocate large solar arrays to one building bill to maximize savings. If a building chooses to leave the program, Solar One and Woodfield Renewables will need up to 1 year to find a replacement building.